TRIPLE was launched on 7 October 2019. It will be one of the dedicated services of OPERAS, the Research Infrastructure supporting open scholarly communication in the social sciences and humanities (SSH) in the European Research Area.
The TRIPLE project is financed under the Horizon 2020 framework with approx. 5.6 million Euros for a duration of 42 months (2019-2023).
At the heart of the project is the development of the TRIPLE platform, an innovative multilingual and multicultural discovery solution.
The TRIPLE platform
Based on the Isidore search engine developed by the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), the TRIPLE platform will provide a single access point for users (researchers, institutions such as universities and libraries, but also enterprises, consultancies, media and service providers)
- to discover and reuse open scholarly SSH resources, i.e. research data and publications, which are currently scattered across local repositories;
- to find and connect with other researchers and projects across disciplinary and language boundaries;
- to make use of innovative tools to support research (e.g. visualisation, annotation, trust building system, crowdfunding, social network and recommender system);
- to discover new ways of funding research (e.g. crowdfunding).
TRIPLE supports SSH research in Europe
- to gain visibility;
- to be more efficient and effective;
- to improve its reuse within the SSH and beyond;
- to significantly increase the economic and societal impact of SSH resources.
- imagines new ways to conduct, connect and discover research;
- facilitates interdisciplinary projects and large-scale scientific collaborations;
- supports scientific, industrial and societal applications of SSH science;
- promotes cultural and linguistic diversity within Europe;
- connects researchers and projects with other stakeholders: citizens, policy makers, companies, enabling them to take part in joint research projects and to address some of their issues.
The project’s final goal is to integrate the discovery solution, which will be fully operationable by 2023, into the EOSC marketplace.